“the biggest theatrical phenomena of the last 15 years”The Herald
After running for 17 years, the founding principles of A Play, a Pie and a Pint remain steadfast – a new play at lunchtime every week that lasts no more than an hour, accompanied by a pie and a pint. As well as producing 33 new plays per year, Òran Mór also biannually hosts its much-adored pantomimes for grown up kids – both Summer and Winter – which have become a staple of the Glasgow theatrical calendar.
“a bedrock of the Scottish theatre industry”The Guardian
“a major part of Scotland’s new playwriting landscape”The Scotsman
A Play, a Pie and a Pint is proud to have worked with thousands of creatives over the years both from within Scotland and from across the world, producing work from first-time and emerging writers, as well as more established playwrights. A Play, A Pie and A Pint supports playwrights, directors and actors at every stage of their career.
[The theatre company] has become the most prolific producers of new drama in the UK, championing emerging writers as well as tempting more established talents to try a different form”The Guardian
A Play, a Pie and a Pint works regularly in association with other theatre venues in Scotland to present our works to a wider audience, including the Traverse Theatre, Aberdeen Performing Arts and more recently, the Beacon Arts Centre in Greenock.
Over the years the audiences have grown as the “lunchtime phenomenon” (The Guardian) has become established and the model has even been replicated across the globe.
“[PPP] has spread out worldwide to become a theatrical institution.”The List
2021 will be A Play, a Pie and a Pint’s 17th year, marking over 550 lunchtime plays!
To see what’s on please click here.
Awards and Commendations:
- WINNER: Best Production ‘The Signalman’ by Peter Arnott, CATS 2020
- WINNER: Best Male Performer – Tom McGovern ‘The Signalman’ CATS 2020
- WINNER Best New Play – Peter Arnott, ‘The Signalman’ CATS 2020
- Best Director (Nomination) – Ken Alexander ‘The Signalman’ CATS 2020
- WINNER: Special Contribution to Scottish Culture, The Herald Culture Awards 2019
- WINNER: Best Male Performance, John Michie ‘The Mack’ CATS 2019
- An Early Day Motion was tabled in the House of Commons in April 2019 recognising the achievement of A Play, a Pie and a Pint having produced 500 plays
- WINNER: The Cats Whiskers “For outstanding achievement for 250 plays in eight years”
- WINNER: The Stage 100: Producer of the Year, 2013
- WINNER: Inspiring City Awards: People Make Glasgow – Arts and Culture