Welcome back to A Play, a Pie and A Pint at Òran Mór!
We are aware that after such a long break from being inside public buildings, some people might feel anxious about returning to A Play, a Pie and a Pint. To help you feel more comfortable returning to our theatre, we have set out what safety measures are in place, and what you can expect when visiting us, below:
In line with the latest guidance from the Scottish Government, A Play, a Pie and a Pint will reopen for public performance on 6th September 2021 with a maximum capacity of 120 for the first 6 weeks of opening, before moving to a maximum capacity of 150 thereafter.
Please note that the 2021 Oran Mor Christmas Panto will have a maximum capacity of 250, as in previous years.
What safety measures are in place?
- Check-in Scotland app and hand sanitizer available on arrival
- Signage posted around the space reminding audience of COVID precautions
- Audiences are asked to keep masks on while moving around the space AND for the duration of the performance, unless they are eating or drinking or are medically exempt from wearing one
- All staff to wear masks (unless medically exempt)
- PPP staff and performers are testing regularly using lateral flow tests
- Performers to remain 1m away from audience members during performances
- We respectfully ask audiences to avoid touching seats that are not your own
Arrival at, and once inside the venue
- Tickets should be booked in advance where ever possible and presented on as an e-ticket on your phone or tablet, or with a booking name and reference number.
- Upon arrival, please use Òran Mór’s main entrance on Byres Rd. If you or someone in your household is a wheelchair user please advise via our contacts in advance and a member of staff will take you into the venue via The Brasserie. We ask our audiences to remain mindful of others while queuing.
- Doors will open at midday each day [12.30 on a Monday] please arrive in plenty of time to allow for queuing, to be seated, and to collect your pie and pint. Once inside will be operating a one way system, to reduce pinch points, please adhere to this for your and everyone else’s comfort and safety.
- On arrival you will see that there are hand sanitising stations and QR Codes to register with test & protect. Please use the check in app on arrival.
- Each performance will be capped at 150 capacity during the Autumn Season at A Play, A Pie and A Pint and at 250 during the Oran Mor Christmas Panto.
- For those that are regular PPP attendees you’ll notice that we are not using our usual tables but small plastic, at seat individual lap tables to aid easier cleaning and reducing potential transmission.
- Please do not bring luggage or unnecessary belongings with you, there will not be cloakroom available for storage and we are unable to take items for you to be stored elsewhere
- Pie and pints will be served at the bar but will be handled by staff only to reduce potential transmission
- In accordance with government guidelines, we encourage audience members to wear face masks when moving around the venue AND during the performance, unless eating, drinking, or medically exempt
- Our place-mat programmes will be available as normal and will be thrown away after each performance. Please feel free to take them away with you, we hate to see them wasted.
- Toilets are open for use, and will have enhanced cleaning measures throughout the season. We ask that you do not congregate in these areas and use the one-way system to get there.
- You will notice signage around the venue that should keep you informed of our remaining Covid procedures
- We have an open loop ventilation system in the building that brings fresh air into the venue, we will have this operating during all shows. On some occasions for quieter show we may have to turn this down, or even turn it off. If we have to do this it will only be for the duration of the show, it will be turned on before and after the performance and we will open doors during the performance to help with ventilation. We will have a CO2 Monitor in the venue to ensure compliance.
- Please leave the building using the one-way system. Do feel free to use the Òran Mór bar or outdoor seating areas after the show for a post show drink or snack.
If you have any questions or concerns, please drop us a line at email@example.com and we will do all we can to assist you. We can’t wait to welcome you back!
Where to Find Us
Our theatre is located in Òran Mór, which is at the Top of Byres Road, intersecting with Great Western Road.
Òran Mór, Top of Byres Road, G12 8QX
Car Parking & Public Transport
There is pay and display street parking along both Byres Road and Great Western Road. Nearby is the Kelvinbridge pay and display Car Park, and the Lily Bank Car Park off Byres Road.
Regular buses go to the West End from the City Centre. The nearest subway station is HILLHEAD which is a few minutes walk from Òran Mór.
The Venue / Access Information
Our theatre is situated in the basement venue of Òran Mór. From the Brasserie Restaurant Entrance on Great Western Road, there is street level access to the central lift (this is on level 1). The Box Office and adapted toilets are on the Main Bar level (Level 2).
Please make yourself known to the Front of House staff on arrival if you require lift access to the theatre space and they will direct you back to the central lift. The theatre is located on Level 0 where there are also adapted toilets. Guide and hearing dogs are welcome.
We do operate an unreserved seating policy. For anyone who requires lift access to the theatre space, we always suggest arriving before the theatre doors open on the day, and the Front of House staff will make sure that you can access the venue before the rest of the customers have access in order to locate a suitable seating position.