Welcome back to A Play, a Pie and A Pint at Òran Mór!
Thank you for supporting us last Autumn, our first season back presenting brand new work and brilliant new plays as we all navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here’s what to expect when visiting us during the Spring ’22 Season. Below you will find the latest guidance from the Scottish Government regarding COVID-19 measures, and how we are complying with them.
In line with the latest guidance from the Scottish Government, A Play, A Pie and A Pint’s Spring ’22 Season will commence on 14th February 2022 with a maximum seated capacity of 200. Please note that unlike last season, there is no longer a requirement for seated social distancing within theatres.
What safety measures are in place?
- Test & Protect check-in and hand sanitizer available on arrival
- Signage posted around the space reminding audience of COVID precautions
- Audiences are asked to keep masks on while moving around AND for the duration of each performance, unless eating, drinking, or medically exempt
- All staff to wear masks (unless medically exempt)
- PPP staff and performers are testing regularly using lateral flow tests
- We respectfully ask audiences to avoid touching seats that are not your own
Arrival at and once inside the venue
- Tickets should be booked in advance where possible and presented to our door staff as an e-ticket on your phone/tablet
- Upon arrival, please use Òran Mór’s main entrance on Byres Rd. If you or someone in your household is a wheelchair user please advise in advance and a member of staff will take you into the venue via The Brasserie
- Doors open at 12pm [12.30pm on Mondays] – please arrive in plenty of time to allow for queuing, seating, and to collect your pie and pint. Once inside, please follow our one-way system. This reduces pinch points, and allows for greater spacing and comfort within the venue
- Upon arrival you will see that there are hand sanitising stations and QR Codes to register with Test & Protect. Please use the check-in app upon arrival
- Each performance will have a maximum seated capacity of 200. Please note that seated social distancing is no longer required within theatres
- Please do not bring luggage or unnecessary items with you, as we do not currently operate a cloakroom system
- Pies and pints will be served at the bar and will be handled by staff only
- We ask our audience to wear face masks when moving around the venue AND during the performance, unless eating, drinking, or medically exempt
- Toilets are open for use, and will have enhanced cleaning measures throughout the season. We ask that you avoid congregating in these areas and use the one-way system to get there
- We utilise an open loop ventilation system that brings fresh air into the venue, which will operate during all performances
- Please leave the building using the one-way system, and exit via the same staircase you used to enter the venue
If you have any questions, please drop us a line at email@example.com.
We can’t wait to welcome you back!
Where to Find Us
Our theatre is in Òran Mór, at the corner of Byres Road and Great Western Road.
Òran Mór, Top of Byres Road, G12 8QX
Car Parking & Public Transport
CAR PARKING & PUBLIC TRANSPORT
There is pay and display street parking along Byres Road and Great Western Road. Nearby is the Kelvinbridge pay and display Car Park, and the Lily Bank Car Park off Byres Road.
Regular buses travel to the West End from the City Centre. The nearest subway station is Hillhead, a few minutes’ walk from Òran Mór.
The Venue / Access Information
Our theatre is situated in the basement venue of Òran Mór (Level 0). From The Brasserie entrance on Great Western Road there is street-level access to the central lift (Level 1), which can take wheelchair users down to the venue. The Box Office and adapted toilets are in the Main Bar (Level 2).
Please make yourself known to our Door staff upon arrival if you require lift access. There are adapted toilets within the theatre (Level 0). Guide and hearing dogs are also welcome.
We operate an unreserved seating policy. We also operate a babes-in-arms policy, and provide complementary companion tickets for carers.