We’re hiring: Artistic Director
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS:
We have been experiencing difficulties receiving applications, please make sure you have sent your application to email@example.com and that you have received a confirmation email, otherwise your application will not be considered.
A Play, a Pie and a Pint is seeking a highly motivated, experienced and creative individual to be the organisation’s new Artistic Director.
The successful candidate will lead the lunchtime theatre company in producing 35 new plays a year, the most new-writing of any theatre in the UK, and present them at Òran Mór in the West End of Glasgow.
Working in a fast-paced environment in a busy arts hub, the Artistic Director will programme A Play, a Pie and a Pint’s two annual seasons. The Artistic Director will work within and lead a small team of dedicated core staff to deliver a huge output of work. As well as producing the core programme, the Artistic Director will help to expand A Play, a Pie and a Pint’s network and scope, developing new producing partners, artists and audiences.
This unique role will suit someone who can think creatively and is passionate about platforming new work from talented playwrights which covers a wide variety of subjects and styles.
Full details and an application pack:
Fee and Working Conditions
- This is a fixed term contract for two years (to be reviewed thereafter) at a rate of £40k per year.
- The hours of work are flexible although regular attendance is required to put up the show, attending rehearsals and meetings etc.
- The nature of the position (i.e. freelance or PAYE) is flexible and will be adapted to the successful candidate’s requirements.
- Application is by CV and a letter of application. Please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ARTISTIC DIRECTOR APPLICATION.
- The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 14th October 2020.
- Interviews will be held in Glasgow w/c 19th October 2020.
- The start date will be discussed with candidates at interview. We will be flexible with our approach to the start date. Please indicate when you would be able to start from in your application.