We are hiring!
A Play, a Pie and a Pint is currently recruiting for the role of Assistant Producer
Assistant Producer Job Description
Role: Assistant Producer
Contract Length: Permanent (full time)
Responsible to: Producer
This is an ideal position for someone who is beginning or at an early level of their career in theatre/ the arts.
To assist with the day to day activity and administration of the organisation, across all activity strands. The Assistant Producer will work together with the Producer and Creative Team to help realise the artistic vision of A Play, a Pie and a Pint.
Key Responsibilities and Main Duties:
A Play, a Pie and a Pint is a continually developing organisation. In addition to the responsibilities listed below, the post holder will be expected to contribute to any or all aspects of the organisational development when appropriate and in consultation with the Producer.
- Answer all general queries from the public relating to A Play, A Pie and A Pint via website, social media, phone and email.
- Assist Producer with casting: Availability checks/setting up auditions.
- Assist Producer with drawing up actors’ contracts.
- Distribute accommodation lists and advise on sub payments.
- Occasionally arrange travel/accommodation.
- Compiling contact lists for companies
- Print scripts as required.
- Collating audience survey information.
- Arrange and oversee the weekly photo call/interview with media partners.
- Arrange complimentary tickets for company members.
- Collate season information and order season leaflets, placemats and banners.
- Distribute marketing material both internally and externally of Oran Mor.
- Organise online listings.
- Send online content to website manager and occasionally update content.
- Film weekly ‘sneak peek’ videos.
- Arrange technical afternoon in the venue for plays in rehearsals with the Technical Manager when required, and liaise with appropriate departments.
- Assist Associate Producer with arranging rehearsal schedules.
- Co-ordinate with venue managers on ticket sales and management of additional seats.
Assist the Producer with the following:
- Liaising with directors of upcoming shows and call the company for rehearsals.
- Attend read-throughs/ runs of shows as required.
- Supervise the tech/dress on a Monday morning as required.
- Look after the companies in rehearsal, answering questions and liaising between departments as required.
- Introduce the show in performance as required.
- Liaise with other venues to ensure smooth transfer of shows.
- Apply discretion at all times when liaising with company members and representing the organization externally.
- Deputise for the Producer as and when required.
- Attend other theatre shows and keep abreast of arts developments in Scotland.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Artistic Directors/Producer.
| Skills and Experience ||Essential||Desirable|
| A Strong commitment to working in the arts in Scotland ||√|
| A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail ||√|
| Able to multi-task, manage own workload and meet deadlines ||√|
| Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills ||√|
| Ability to think creatively, independently and problem solve ||√|
| Excellent communication skills both written and spoken ||√|
| General administrative experience ||√|
|Good IT skills, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel|| |
| Experience of working in some capacity within a theatre company ||√|
| Working knowledge of Scottish artists and arts companies ||√|
| Experience of using social media in a work context and some knowledge of other digital marketing ||√|
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Isabella Bassett at Isabella.email@example.com subject line: ASSISTANT PRODUCER APPLICATION
Interviews will take place in Glasgow in late June.
DEADLINE: Friday 14th June at 12pm